Road Use Permits

Using a national forest system road for commercial hauling is prohibited without a permit or written authorization. This restriction applies to all commercial haul activity, not just activity directly related to Forest Service projects or operations.

Commercial vehicles that may need a road use permit are logging trucks, tractor-trailer combinations, lowboys, yarders, chip vans, sand, gravel or cement trucks. This list is not all inclusive. Contact the road manager at a ranger district office to obtain a road use permit or written authorization.