09-21-20-09: Motor Vehicle Use Restrictions
The following are prohibited within the entirety of Monongahela National Forest, as shown on the map attached hereto and made a part hereof as Exhibit A, dated May 2020.
- Possessing or using any motorized vehicle off National Forest System roads. 36 CFR § 261.56.
- Possessing or using any motorized vehicle on National Forest System trails. 36 CFR § 261.55(b)
- Using all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), utility-terrain vehicles (UTVs), go-carts, golf carts, unregistered dirt bikes or any other unregistered or unlicensed non-street legal motor vehicle on any National Forest System road. 36 CFR § 261.54(a)
- Using a snowmobile or other tracked snow vehicle on National Forest System roads, except from road shoulder to road shoulder on Highland Scenic Highway (Forest Road 150). 36 CFR § 261.54(a)
- Operating any motorized vehicle on a National Forest System road in violation of any traffic or vehicle law of the State of West Virginia. 36 CFR § 261.54(d)
- Operating a vehicle carelessly, recklessly, or without regard for the rights or safety of other person or in a manner or at a speed that would endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property. 36 CFR § 261.54(f)
- Parking or leaving a vehicle in violation of posted instructions. 36 CFR § 261.58(g)
- Using a road for commercial hauling without a permit or written authorization. 36 CFR § 261.54(c)
- Driving, possessing, parking, or leaving a motorized vehicle on a road which is closed by sign, gate, or barricade, including an earthen barricade. 36 CFR § 261.54(e)