Forest Supervisor's Order 01-17-55-22-002 Lochsa-Powell Ranger District
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
NEZ PERCE-CLEARWATER NATIONAL FOREST
LOCHSA-POWELL RANGER DISTRICT
Closure Order # 01-17-55-22-002
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(b), the following act is prohibited on the National Forest System land described below, within the Lochsa-Powell Ranger District on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest.
Camping. [Title 36 CFR 261.58 (e)]
Knife Edge Campground – Closed to Camping - Milepost 108.5 of US Highway 12 – see attached map.
The Knife Edge Campground, along the Lochsa River and US-12, is closed to camping to allow use of the area as parking space during the whitewater boating season to alleviate vehicle congestion for boaters and motorists along US-Highway 12 during peak whitewater boating season.
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with a special use authorization or other Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this order. [36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e)(1)].
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty. [36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e)(4)].
- Persons engaged in business, trade, or occupations in the area. [36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e)(5)].
Violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. (16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.)
- This Order will be effective immediately and remain in effect until June 30th, 2022.
- Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Kooskia Ranger Station, 502 Lowry Street, Kooskia, ID 83539, Telephone: (208) 926-4274.
Done at Kamiah, Idaho this 16th day of May, 2022.
/s/ Cheryl F. Probert
Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest