The lower portion of Cullasaja Falls is a cascade of water which flows about 250 feet down. It is located on the Cullasaja River at the lower part of the Cullasaja Gorge. It is part of the Mounain Water Scenic Byway.
Cullasaja Falls is only visible from your car; there is no adequate pull-off spot from the road.
How To Get There
Cullasaja is located off U.S. 64, 11 miles east of Franklin, 9 miles west of Highlands in the Cullasaja Gorge.
Water drips over the moss-covered rocks in a continuous display. Photo by Megan Mulloy.
Alerts & Warnings
- Pisgah RD: Partial closure of FSR 475B Headwaters Road
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Joyce Kilmer Trail Lower Loop Closed due to rain damage
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest