Help us prevent wildfire by being aware of current fire dangers and restrictions.
Find information on Active Wildfires and Prescribed Burning as well as Public Use Restrictions, Industrial Fire Precaution Levels and Fire Danger levels.
Fire plays a vital role in our central Oregon environment. Fire can be 'prescribed' for a forest or rangeland area to reduce fuels and help prevent catastrophic wildfires.
The Central Oregon Fire Management Service (COFMS) area includes Deschutes National Forest, Ochoco National Forest, Crooked River National Grassland, and Prineville District BLM.
Whether accidental or intentional, people start wildfires every year in central Oregon. These wildfires cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to suppress and endanger lives and our natural resources.
- Central Oregon Interagency Dispatch Center (COIDC)
- Central Oregon Fire Information Blog
- Central Oregon Emergency Information Network
- Northwest Interagency Coordination Center - Provides logistical support and intelligence relative to anticipated and ongoing wildfire activity for all federal and cooperating state wildland fire suppression agencies.
- Oregon Department of Forestry-Fire Information and Prevention
- Northwest Fire Prevention Education
- National Interagency Fire Center - The National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho is the nation’s support center for wildland firefighting.