Special Forest Products

One must have a permit or other authorization to remove most forest products from the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. 

Contact the nearest Forest Office for information and permit availability. 

The Okanogan-Wenatchee issues permits for various types of special forest products such as:

For other forest products information visit the Special Forest Products page.   

To obtain a permit or to obtain additional information please contact your nearest Ranger District office.

Other Forest Resources


  • The Okanogan-Wenatchee authorizes the harvest of timber through offering timber sale contracts. See the resource management page for more information.


  • The State of Washington manages the animal populations and the capture or harvest of animals is governed by the laws of Washington State. Contact the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (http://wdfw.wa.gov/) for authorization to capture or harvest animals.