Enchantment Permit Area Changes and Cancellation Policy
Once confirmed, awarded trips may be cancelled with a refund of the permit fee up to 22 days before the trip. The $6 reservation fee is nonrefundable. There is no refund of the permit fee if the trip is cancelled within 21 days of the trip start date -- no exceptions. If you are unable to use your permit, please take the time to cancel your reservation through Recreation.Gov or the NRRS reservation line, even when a refund is not due, so that another group will have a chance to book a permit. No refunds will be given for adverse weather conditions. Cancellations to a reservation can be made via Recreation.gov or by calling the NRRS reservation line at 1-877-444-6777
Changes to a reservation can be made via Recreation.gov or by calling the NRRS reservation line at 1-877-444-6777 as needed. A new confirmation letter will be generated each time a change is made.
- Permits are NON-Transferable. Group leaders and alternate group leaders cannot be changed. Only the group leader or alternate may use the permit.
- Once a Permit Reservation is made, no changes may be made to the zone, entry date or alternate group leader for which the permit is valid.
- Once a permit is printed, no changes can be made to the permit. Do not print your permit until you are certain you do not want to add group members or extend the duration of your trip.
- 8 days or more prior to the entry date, days may be added to the trip by changing the exit date at the rate of $5/person/day. Maximum number of days that can be reserved is 14.
- 8 days or more prior to the entry date, group size may be increased for Colchuck, Stuart, Eightmile/Caroline and Snow Zones, up to the limit of 8 total persons per group, at the rate of $5/person/day. Group size for the Core Zone cannot be increased unless there is quota available, which is unlikely. Quota is based on people entering per day, not groups.
- No changes will be allowed within 7 days of the trip's start date.
Alerts & Warnings
- White River - Irving Peak Fire Update
- Cle Elum Area: Thorp Mountain Fire Closure
- Wildfires Update
- Campfires Not Allowed on National Forest
- Naches Area: Little Naches River Restoration Closure
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets Prohibited on National Forests
- Twisp Area: Road #4400-45 and Dispersed Recreation Area Closure
- Twisp Area: Louis Lake Trail Bridge Closed
- Winthrop Area: Cub Creek 2 Fire Area Closure
- Mazama-Winthrop-Twisp Area: Cedar Creek Fire Area Closure
- Lake Wenatchee Area: Road #6304 Bridge Closure
- Cle Elum Area: French Cabin Creek Bridge Closure
- Interactive Area Closures Map
- Ellensburg Area: Rider's Camp Closed for 2022
- Naches Area: Boulder Cave Trail / Day Use Site: Open
- Forest Office Access Restricted
- Target Shooting Info