Request for Expressed Interest for Coho Campground and/or Satsop Center
Providing recreational services and facilities is a key part of the Forest Service’s mission. To fulfill this responsibility, the agency relies upon volunteer, organizational, and commercial partners to help expand the scope of opportunities for the visiting public. The Forest Service would like to offer a unique opportunity to provide services at Coho Campground and/or the Satsop Center, both located on the southern edge of the Olympic Peninsula on the Olympic National Forest.
The purpose of this Request for Expressed Interest (RFEI) is to determine:
- Whether sufficient competitive interest exists for the current services being offered at the sites; and/or
- Invite submissions for concepts that would re-imagine the recreational use of the sites
Submissions received from this request may demonstrate a need to issue a prospectus in the future. Submissions may also help shape the type of activities and the level of use allowed in a future solicitation.
The Olympic National Forest is inviting public and private entities to submit concepts and ideas that would transform the Satsop Center, as well as gauge interest for the Coho Campground. The Forest is interested to see what visions there are for the facilities, and how that vision could be achieved.
Interested parties are invited to provide notice of their interest regarding this opportunity by submitting the form below to Kelsey.Dyer@usda.gov no later than May 8th, 2022.
Detailed information and submission form:
- Cover Letter
- Request for Expressed Interest
- Appendix A - Maps
- Appendix B - Photos
- Appendix C - Submission Form
Answers to questions that are recieved will be posted here weekly. Any questions should be sent to Kelsey.Dyer@usda.gov.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flooding at Lake Quinault
- Flood Damage & Road Closure Updates
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Updates & Office Hours
- Sustainable Trails Feedback Form now Available
- Herbicide applications to occur on Olympic National Forest
- Alcohol Ban along Lake Cushman Corridor (FS-24) remains in effect