Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

The Ozark-St. Francis National Forests cover over 1.2 million acres of land across Arkansas. That's a lot of land for outdoor enthusiasts to try to learn about during the short jog through our website. To help you along the journey, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions our office receives daily. Any questions that are not addressed below will gladly be addressed by calling any one of our National Forest offices.

Where can I purchase maps or books?

Paper maps for the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests are currently unavailable. Please check the Maps & Publications page for more information.

How do I save the dying oaks in my yard?

The Arkansas Forestry Commission handles all private land issues. You can contact them at:

Arkansas Forestry Commission
State Forester
Little Rock, AR 72204
Phone: (501) 296-1940

You can also visit their web site at:

Can I reserve campsites?

No, you cannot reserve individual campsites. They are available to all on a first come, first served basis. Stop by or call the local ranger district office to find out which campsites are available.

Where can I purchase passes and permits?

Passes and permits are available from the Ozark-St. Francis National Forests. They can be purchased at all the local districts and at the Supervisor's Office in Russellville.

For more information about the passes and permits offered, visit our passes & permits page.

How do I contact a district office?

You can write or call your local ranger district office. Click here for addresses and phone numbers.

Where can I ride my All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) or Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV)?

There are over 120 miles of designated multi-use trails on the Ozark National Forest at Brock Creek, Huckleberry Mountain, Mill Creek, and Moccasin Gap. Click here for more information.