National Forest Visitor Maps
National Forest Visitor Maps provide an overview of recreational uses, trails, roads, streams, lakes, landforms, land administration, visitor centers, facilities, campgrounds and picnic areas.
The map also displays color photographs of points of interest and activities. The 18 National Forests are mapped at the scale of 1/2 inch per mile (1:126,720).
You may purchase National Forest Visitor Maps online through the U.S. Geological Survey Store.
In general, forest visitor and other kinds of maps can be purchased at most Plumas National Forest Offices.
Digital Maps for Mobile Devices
The Avenza Maps Mobile App is available as a free download from iTunes and the Android Play Store. The app provides access to Forest Service maps, such as motor-vehicle-use maps, which are free while pages from national forest atlases are 99 cents and forest visitor maps are $4.99.
Wilderness and Topographic Maps
- Wilderness Maps are topographic maps that show natural features such as mountains, valleys, plains, lakes, rivers, and vegetation using contour lines depicting elevation gain or loss. Each map covers all or part of one wilderness area and the scale is generally 1 inch per mile (1:63,360). Twenty-Eight wilderness maps are available for purchase through the U.S Geological Survey Store.
- FSTopo is the Forest Service series of large scale topographic maps. FSTopo maps are 7.5 minute, 1:24,000-scale over the conterminous United States, and 15 minute X 20-22.5 minute, 1:63,360-scale over Alaska. These maps are available for download at Forest Service Topography Maps.
Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
The Motor Vehicle Use Map displays National Forest System routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The Motor Vehicle Use Map also displays uses allowed by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), and seasonal allowances.
- Order Plumas Maps & Brochures - Maps and Brochures of the Plumas are available by ordering directly from the Plumas National Forest.
- Plumas National Forest Quads - The Plumas National Forest Atlas contains a complete collection of the 64 - 7.
- Bucks Lake Area Snowmobile Trails [1.60mb]
- LaPorte Area Snowmobile Trails [2.75mb]
- Lakes Basin Area Snowmobile Trails [2.75mb]