Welcome to the Prescott Helitack Crew Web Page!
Prescott Helitack is a 10-person wildland firefighting helicopter crew based on the Prescott National Forest in Central Arizona. The crew provides initial attack and large fire support to the 1.2 million acre Prescott National Forest and our neighbors, the Kaibab, Coconino and Tonto National Forests, Phoenix District BLM, and Arizona State Lands. Helicopter 2HX is a Bell 407HP from Helicopter Express of Chamblee, GA.
Our helibase is located at the Prescott Fire Center and Henry Y. H. Kim Aviation Facility in Prescott, Arizona. This facility supports many fire management functions including the Prescott Hotshot Crew, a National Incident Support Cache, an Air Tanker Base, and the Prescott Interagency Dispatch Center.
Prescott National Forest Fire Resources are busy managing wildland fires from the Sonoran Desert to near 8,000 foot peaks of the Bradshaw Mountains. The diverse habitat types and mild climate of central Arizona offer a unique employment opportunity for the wildland firefighter.
Use the links at the top of each page to find more information about the crew, training, physical fitness, employment and some great photos!
Alerts & Warnings
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Temporary road closure/camping restrictions near Perkinsville Bridge
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands