Goodwin Fire Update; June 25, 2017; 8:00 PM
Release Date: Jun 25, 2017
Contact(s): Debbie Maneely: 928-443-8130
GOODWIN FIRE UPDATE
June 25, 2017: 8:00 p.m.
- Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National Forest
- Latitude: 34 21 27 Longitude: 112 22 23
- 14 miles south of Prescott, Arizona (T12N R1W, S28)
Start Date: June 24, 2017, 4:00 p.m. Size: Approximately 500 acres
Percent Contained: 0
Cause: Under Investigation
Vegetation: Chaparral and Ponderosa Pine
Summary: The Goodwin Fire is burning in chaparral and ponderosa pine; south and west of the junction at Senator Highway (FR 52) and County Road 177. Pierson’s Type 1 Incident Management Team has arrived and will take command of the fire on Monday, June 26 at 6:00 am.
This afternoon the fire was active on the south and east flank. Due to erratic winds and fire behavior, ground resources role in suppression was limited during the afternoon.
Today ground resources worked on direct line construction with the use of air support. As we work on a Closure Order for the incident, we ask that folks stay off Senator Highway (FS Road 52) and County Road 177.
The community of Pine Flat has been evacuated; for information on the evacuation please call (928) 771-3321.
Prescott City Airport has that for the safety of the pilots please do not park on Club House Drive to watch aircraft takeoff and land. Please watch from the Terminal Parking lot.
- Provide for firefighter and public safety.
- Minimize impacts and threats to all private property and other valuable resources.
- Effectively manage incident costs by planning strategies and tactics with high probability of success.
- Maintaining effective communications with all involved partners.
- Crews: 5
- Engines: 6
- Air Attack: 4
- Water Tenders:1
- Miscellaneous Overhead
Fire Restrictions: Stage 1 fire restrictions are in effect on the Prescott National Forest.
Fire Weather: Hot, dry conditions with potential for gusty winds.
The public can obtain fire information via the following:
- Prescott National Forest Web Site: www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott
- Twitter: @PrescottNF
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
- Fire Information: 928-925-1111