Northern Region Jobs & Volunteering
Jobs that are moving land management into the future!
We offer a variety of opportunities ranging from student programs to volunteer programs, and full time and temporary employment for people with skills in several hundred areas. Come work with us.
2022/2023 Hiring Dates
Temporary Jobs for 2023 (all are hired through USAJobs):
- Phase 1: Closed
- Phase 2: Closed
- Phase 3: Closed
- Phase 4: Closes January 19, 2023
Below are some of the hiring events to watch for! Please visit the Hiring Events website for the latest information and more opportunities.
- Summer Temporary Internships Opportunities - Apply for Summer Internships between January 5 through January 27, 2023 in USAJobs.
- Natural Resources and Range Management Career Opportunities, job vacancies open February 15 through Gebruary 27, 2023 in USAJobs.
- Spring Agriculture and Business Career Opportunities - Job vacancies open April 10 through April 20, 2023 in USAJobs.
- Wildland Fire Hiring Events - This event is now closed. Permanent jobs in fire, usually open for Region 1 from early September to October of each year.
For more information or to sign up for weekly job updates, email Amber Kamps.
If your dream job is a Forest Service career, our extraordinary diversity of occupations and locations provide you with so many opportunities! Visit this How to Apply page to find information on applying for a Forest Service job, including using USAJobs, writing a federal resume, webinars, and more.
Volunteers make significant contributions to the legacy of conservation for future generations. Contact our National Forests or follow the link below to find out more.