April 2021 - The map below highlights areas of notable insect or disease activity or on-going projects in the Southwestern Region. Click on an icon on the map or from the list below for more information on each highlight.
Links for locations on the map:
- Tree nursery pathogen diversity study
- Preserving genetic resistance to white pine blister rust
- Aspen decline and monitoring projects
- Dwarf mistletoe plot remeasurements (throughout AZ)
- Spruce beetle activity in northern NM
- Bark beetle activity in Central and Northern Arizona in 2021
- Looper activity on the Santa Fe NF
- Invasive oystershell scale threatens aspen conservation in the Southwest
See our ESRI Story Maps highlighting the aerial survey results:
For a comprehensive report of insect and disease activity in the region, please see our latest 2021 Conditions Report.