Forest Health Protection in Hawaii & the US Affiliated Pacific Islands
Providing forest health technical assistance, training, sessions and technology transfer to:
- American Samoa
- Republic of Palau
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Commonwealth on the Northern Mariana Islands
- Republic of the Marsall Islands
Pacific Island forest health issues are dominated by invasive, exotic species, including weeds, insects, pathogens, and vertebrates.
- In this age of accelerated movement of people and goods in the Pacific, Pacific Islands are particularly vulnerable to new introductions and are also a potential source of invasive species to the US mainland.
Major Forest Health Issues in Hawaii & the USAPI
- Myrtle Rust
- Koa Wilt
- Rapid Ohia Death in Hawaii (ROD)
- Coconut rhinoceros beetle
- Little Fire Ant
Forest Health Highlights, 2020