Challis-Yankee Fork Ranger District - Herald - March 1880


Pink rose divider image.
March 1880

March 13 1880

The wing of the Dodge hotel is being elevated to the height of the main building thus giving much additional room, besides adding greatly to the architectural beauty of the structure.

Mr. E. Watson of the Pioneer will commence next week the erection of the two-story building 30x60 on the lot next above Gindroffs.

J.B. Fenn at Clasbys corner will repaper and remodel his saloon and hall this spring and otherwise add to its attraction.

The Watson building is nearly ready for the shingles. It will be 70 feet deep and 30 front. Messrs. Smith and Carter have the contract.

On the first of the coming month, Levinson & Co. will turn the news agency over to Lew Clawson. Levinson & Co. have rented the building formerly used as the Dodge Hotel, below Boggs an Shoup's and will engage heavily in clothing and gentlemen's furnishings goods.

The frost proof cellar of J. A. Beerly contains about four tons of potatoes of an excellent quality, raised on Mr. Beerley's ranch at Challis. Mr. Ed Butters has charge of the cellar, and parties wishing "Spuds" can get them of him at reasonable figures.

The fashionable promenade for the gentlemen is now on the West Side of Main Street between Boggs " Shoup and the Bonanza Billard Hall.

Carson & Cothrell have just build a large and handsome desk for the Stage Co.' office. Levinson 85 Co. have put down a sidewalk in front of their store quite an improvement.