Outfitters and Guides
The Salmon-Challis National Forest authorizes commercial outfitting for summer, fall, and winter activities on Forest Service lands. These activities include whitewater rafting, jet boating, hunting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, sightseeing, mountaineering, trail riding, and other activities.
While visiting the Salmon-Challis National Forest, please ensure that you are traveling with a permitted outfitter. The following are lists of outfitters permitted to operate on this Forest.
Forest Wide Land Based Outfitters List
Middle Fork Ranger District
- Middle Fork River Rafting and Fishing Outfitters
- Launch Dates for Middle Fork Salmon River Outfitters
- Middle Fork Outfitters Association
North Fork Ranger District
- Main Salmon River Rafting and Fishing Outfitters (SA-5; Recreation Section)
- Main Salmon River Rafting and Fishing Outfitters (SA-6; Wilderness Section)
- Wild Main Salmon River Outfitter Launch Dates
- Main Salmon River Jet Boating
- Idaho's Salmon River, The River of No Return, Outfitters Association