Resource Management on South Carolina's National Forests
South Carolina's national forests offer a rare variety of resources from the mountains to the sea. The USDA Forest Service manages these resources for their protection, as well as their enjoyment by the public.
Francis Marion National Forest
For more information on resource management on the Francis Marion National Forest, please see the links below.
Sumter National Forest
For more information on resource management on the Sumter National Forest, please see the links below.
Alerts & Warnings
- Sumter closures due to Hurricane Ian
- Francis Marion closures due to Hurricane Ian
- Bridge closure on FS road 305 on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- Halfway Creek Trailhead closure
- Damaged bridges along the Enoree Passage of Palmetto Trail; exercise caution
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest