Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests Monitoring Reports
Annual monitoring reports are used to assess the following:
- How well goals and objectives of the forest plans are being met.
- If standards and guidelines are being implemented.
- If environmental effects are occurring as predicted.
Addressing Monitoring Requirements in the 2012 Planning Rule
Francis Marion National Forest Monitoring Reports
The Revised Land Management Plan for the Francis Marion National Forest was approved in March 2017, and became effective in April 2017. As a part of implementing the new plan, the planning regulations at 36 CFR 219.12(d)(1) require a biennial evaluation of the monitoring information identified in the plan monitoring program, and that this report should be completed within two years from the effective date of the plan decision. However, the planning regulations also identify that “the monitoring evaluation report may be postponed for 1 year in case of exigencies” (36 CFR 219.12(d)(iii)). For the Francis Marion National Forest, the Responsible Official has determined that due to a number of competing priorities for the Forest staff’s time and available funding, that the Francis Marion's Monitoring Evaluation Report will be postponed for one (1) year.
- FY20 Executive Summary- Francis Marion National Forest
- FY20 Monitoring Report- Francis Marion National Forest
- Appendix C for FY20 Monitoring Report- Francis Marion National Forest
- Appendix D for FY20 Monitoring Report- Francis Marion National Forest
- FY18 Monitoring Report- Francis Marion National Forest
- Appendices for FY18 Monitoring Report- Francis Marion National Forest
Sumter National Forest Monitoring Reports
- FY18 and FY19 Executive Summary
- FY18 and FY19 Supporting Specialists' Reports
- FY18 and FY19 Supporting Broad Scale Monitoring Reports
- FY16 and FY17 Monitoring Report-Sumter National Forest
- FY 15 Monitoring Report-Sumter National Forest
Upper Chattooga River Recreation Monitoring Report
Alerts & Warnings
- Halfway Creek Trail closure
- Swamp Fox Passage trail closure
- Bridge closure on FS road 305 on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- COVID-19: Francis Marion, Sumter National Forests Offer Virtual Services
- Youth fishing event at Sewee Visitor Center June 11
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest