Kings Rivers upstream of Pine Flat Reservoir can be accessed via a 1-1/2 hour drive from Fresno. Angling between the reservoir and Garnet Dike Campground can yield both small mouth and spotted bass, along with rainbow or brown trout. This section of the river is open all year with a two trout per day limit.
The Kings River upstream of Garnet Dike Campground is managed by the California Department of Fish and Game as a Wild Trout Fishery. The Wild Trout Fishery extends upstream from Garnet Dike Campground to the confluence of the Middle and South Forks of the river. The Wild Trout Fishery is catch and release only (limit is 0) and requires artificial lures with barbless hooks. The Wild Trout Fishery in the Kings River is dominated by rainbow trout, although brown trout are also present.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order 05-15-00-22-25 SNF-Rec-Site-Road-Trail-Closure
- 05-15-51-22-23-Sierra Oak Fire Closure
- Fire Restrictions Order No. 05-15-00-22-13
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-24 SNF Camping Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-15-00-21-25 SNF Parking Restrictions
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure