Agents of Discovery
Agents of Discovery is a mobile game where you have to move to play. You’re a secret agent with an animal guide to help you solve Challenges in a Mission. As you explore outdoor recreation areas, museums, and discovery centers, you will unlock the hidden challenges based on your location.
Your mission is to collect all the USBees that were taken in a data breach. They have to be returned to the hive. If they aren’t, the fate of the natural world is in jeopardy! The more challenges you solve, the more USBees you’ll be awarded.
Discover nature, science, and culture. Some missions can be played either on-site or at home. Instructions for remotely accessing the missions at the Mendenhall Glacier,Alaska State Museum, and Southeast Alaska Discovery Center are provided below.
DOWNLOADING THE APP:
- Download the FREE Agents of Discovery app available on the App Store or Google Play.
- You can choose to create an account, which keeps track of all the USBees you’ve saved. Or you can play as a guest.
- Tap on Missions.
- Mission Sites appear based on your GPS location, so make sure your GPS is turned on!
- If you want to play on-site at the Mendenhall Glacier or Auke Recreation Area, download the mission BEFORE you head out. The app does not need wifi or data to run once the missions have been downloaded.
The ALASKA STATE MUSEUM:
- Open the Agents of Discovery app on your mobile device and download Mission 49: Journey to Alaska's Past
- For at-home learning, open this PDF of QR codes on another device - like a tablet, laptop, or computer.
- In the app, top on the blue QR code icons. Then, scan the QR codes to unlock each set of challenges.
- If you want to play at the museum, you'll find the QR codes hidden among the exhibits. You'll have to rely on the games map and your detective skills to find them
- Follow this link to the Alaska State Museum's website for operating hours and current exhibits.
- If you're playing virtually, don't forget to collect your reward! Using the link above, send a screenshot of the games final page to staff at the Alaska State Museum and they'll send you a prize! For more information, go to the Alaska State Museum's website at the link above.
NOTE: You'll notice that many of the challenges ask you to look at things displayed at the museum. If the game asks you to look at a label for the answer to a question, tap "Show Clue" to see the label. The Game is designed to be played at the museum. So, you'll have to use your imagination if you're playing from home!
THE MENDENHALL MISSION:
- Open the Agents of Discovery app on your mobile device and download Tongass National Forest – Mendenhall Glacier.
- For at-home learning, open this PDF of images on another device – like a tablet, laptop, or computer.
- In the app, tap on the blue Image Recognition icons. Then, scan the appropriate image to unlock each set of challenges.
- If you want to play at the glacier, you’ll find the images spread out along the Photo Point Trail. You’ll have to use your detective skills to find them as you move to play.
AUKE RECREATION AREA:
- Open the Agents of Discovery app on your mobile device and download the
- Go to the at Auke Recreation Area. As you explore, you'll unlock challenges based on your GPS location. So make sure your mobile device's GPS is turned on!
- Tap on the Challenges iscons to answer questions and complete activities.
SOUTHEAST ALASKA DISCOVERY CENTER:
- Open the Agents of Discovery app on your mobile device and download Tongass National Forest – Southeast Alaska Discovery Center.
- For at-home learning, open this PDF of QR codes on another device – like a tablet, laptop, or computer.
- In the app, tap on the blue QR Code icons. Then, scan the QR codes to unlock each set of challenges.