Fire & Aviation
Public Use Information
- Blue Mountain Interagency Dispatch Center - BMIDC (La Grande, OR) - BMIDC provides initial attack dispatching and logistical support for emergency response to wildland fire and all-risk incidents for the Umatilla National Forest (Walla Walla, Pomeroy and North Fork John Day Ranger Districts) Wallowa Whitman National Forest, Oregon Department of Forestry - Northeast Oregon District, and Washington Department of Natural Resources -Southeast Region.
- John Day Interagency Dispatch Center - JDIDC (John Day, OR) - JDIDC provides initial attack dispatching and logistical support for emergency response to wildland fire and all-risk incidents for the Umatilla National Forest (Heppner Ranger District) Malheur National Forest, Oregon Department of Forestry - Central Oregon District, and Bureau of Land Management.
- Northwest Interagency Coordination Center (Portland, OR)
- National Interagency Dispatch Center - NIFC (Boise, ID)
Umatilla National Forest Temporary Job Opportunities
- Please contact the Human Resources at (541) 278-3964 for questions concerning temporary employment on the Umatilla National Forest.
Fire Equipment Agreement Attachments
- Region 6- Aquisition Management Fire Procurement Website
Fire Information Links
- InciWeb - Incident Information System
- Active Fire Mapping - Here you will find information on current large fires, active fire maps, and fire imagery as seen by the MODIS instrument on board NASA's EOS satellites, Terra & Aqua.
- Blue Mountain Interagency Intel Site
- Community Wildfire Protection Plans
- Blue Mountain Rappel Base
- Pendleton Weather Service
- 2022 Fire Media Brief