Motor Vehicle Use Maps
The Motor Vehicle Use Map displays the roads, trails and areas that are open to motorized travel on the Umpqua National Forest. The MVUM displays allowed uses by vehicle class (ex. highway-legal vehicles, vehicles 50 inches or less in width, and motorcycles), different seasons of use for selected roads, and roads with 300-foot corridors. The MVUM lacks topographic features and is best used with a Forest Visitor Map or other detailed map.
Only the routes shown on the MVUM are open to public motor vehicle travel. It is the public’s responsibility to reference the MVUM to stay on designated routes for motor vehicle use. The MVUM is re-published every year, so please be sure that you are using the most current version when driving on the National Forest.
If you plan on camping, driving off-highway vehicles, hunting, or exploring in the backcountry, make sure you bring an MVUM. These free maps are available at each of our offices. You can also download them for free onto your smartphone through the Avenza Maps app. All maps are geo-referenced and can work in conjunction with GPS-enabled devices to show your real-time location even without cell service.
Umpqua National Forest Motor Vehicle Use Maps
Download free PDF versions of our motor vehicle use maps onto your computer.
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-468 Dated 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-464 Rescinded 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-467 Rescinded 09/13/2022
- Road 4720 & 4720-005 Closed Starting 9/19/22
- Forest Order #06-18-00-22-14 Dated 08/04/2022
- Termination of Order No. 06-15-00-22-460 No PURS in Effect
- Stay Limit on the Umpqua National Forest