Forest Products Permits

Several forest products are available for harvesting on the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest.

Available Permits

Fuelwood - A fuelwood cutting permit and load tickets are required to cut, gather, and transport fuelwood.

Post and Pole - To cut and haul post and pole materials for your own personal use.

Mushroom - Free use and commercial permits are available.

Christmas Tree - Christmas tree cutting permits are available seasonally at

Other Permits

Inquire at your local district office about transplants and landscaping mineral permits.