Join the White Mountain National Forest 'family' as a Junior Ranger
White Mountain Junior Forest Ranger Program
Junior Rangers "Explore, Learn and Conserve" their national forests. Become a Junior Ranger by learning about the animals, plants, human history and more! Share your knowledge with friends and family and help them understand why the White Mountain National Forest is a special place. You'll even receive a patch to remind you of your important role in the National Forest Service.
Want to become an official White Mountain National Forest Junior Forest Ranger? Here's how!
Becoming a White Mountain National Forest Junior Forest Ranger
- Download a Junior Ranger Booklet or pick one up from any or our White Mountain National Forest Visitor Centers or Ranger Stations.
- Complete as many pages as your age.
- Take your completed booklet to the nearest Ranger Station office.
- Have the ranger check over your answers and give you your patch and certificate.
- Reenter the Forest as an official White Mountain National Forest Junior Forest Ranger!
Junior Rangers in Schools
The USDA Forest Service Junior Forest Ranger Programs are intended motivate children 7 through 13 to explore and appreciate the natural and cultural world, as well as to embrace their responsibility to it.
Junior Snow Rangers
Did you know you can also become a Junior Snow Ranger? 4th and 5th grade students are encouraged to learn about safety as an important component of winter recreation and vital role that Snow Rangers play in promoting safe recreation and protecting Forest resources. Download the Junior Snow Ranger Booklet and start now.
You will receive a Junior Snow Ranger patch when you complete as many pages as your age. Educators are encouraged to use the Teacher Guide to work the activity book into existing ciriculums.