Current Fire Information
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @WillametteNF for the latest updates.
Fire incident information: Find information on current, active wildfires nationwide on InciWeb.
State and BLM lands: The Oregon Department of Forestry fire restrictions and closures at http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/Fire/Pages/Restrictions.aspx.
Fire Danger Level
Fire Danger rating is currently LOW across the forest. Learn more about Fire Danger Ratings and definitions.
Fire Restrictions (Campfires, smoking, etc.)
There are no fire restrictions in place.
Fire Related Closures
View current fire related closures. There may be other public safety closures in effect so visitors are encouraged to check current conditions and alerts prior to leaving home.
Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL)
Industrial Fire Precaution Levels (IFPLs) apply to permitted activities such as timber sales, service contracts, and firewood cutting. IFPL levels I – IV address the type and timing of work that can be done during fire season to reduce the risk of operations sparking a wildfire.
Click here for map of Oregon Department of Forestry IFPL zones and to see what level each zone is at (note: this information can change frequently throughout the summer). Find more information about IFPLs.
Prescribed fire is a planned fire. Sometimes called a “controlled burn” or “prescribed burn,” the Forest Service manages prescribed fires to benefit natural resources and reduce the risk of unwanted wildfires in the future. Visit the Prescribed Burn page for maps and additional information.
Get the latest updates about impacts of the 2020 wildfires.
Fire Information Resources
Science has changed the way we think about wildland fire and the way we manage it. We still suppress fires, especially if they threaten people and communities, but we understand that fire has a role in nature – one that can lead to healthy ecosystems. So we look for ways to manage it to play its role, for instance, by igniting prescribed fires.
- Fire Prevention How-Tos
- Fire Science - Research to help better understand and manage fire.
- National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy - Collaborative strategy between Forest Service and its other federal, tribal, state and local partners.
- Forests and Rangelands - Fire, fuels, and land management information.
- Firewise - National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Firewise Communities Program encourages local solutions for safety by involving homeowners in taking individual responsibility for preparing their homes from the risk of wildfire.
- Northwest Interagency Coordination Center
- Oregon Department of Forestry - Fire Information and Prevention.
- InciWeb - For information about current fires across Oregon and the nation.
- National Interagency Fire Center - The National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) is the nation’s support center for wildland firefighting.
- Fire Hire - Information about becoming a firefighter for the U.S. Forest Service.
Alerts & Warnings
- Middle Fork RD: Prescribed Burn Planned for 5/24/23
- Middle Fork RD: Road contruction on Rd 21 will cause delays
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023