Central Cascades Wilderness Permits
Central Cascade Wilderness Permits are required for some day-use and all overnight use in the Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Washington, and the Three Sisters Wildernesses from June 15 through October 15.
Wilderness Self-Issue Permits
Unless a Central Cascade Wilderness Permit is required, all other visitors who enter Willamette National Forest wilderness areas will need a wilderness self-issue permit. A permit is necessary for each group entering the wilderness. Self-issue permits are free and available at wilderness trailheads. These permits are used to assist in the management of these areas.
Limited-Entry Area Permits
Starting in 2021, the Obsidian and Pamelia Limited Entry Areas were incorporated into the larger Central Cascades Wilderness Permit system. To visit the Obsidian or Pamelia areas, you must obtain a Central Cascades Wilderness Permit.
Please review Wilderness rules and regulations before planning a trip.
Alerts & Warnings
- Middle Fork RD: Prescribed Burn Planned for 5/24/23
- Middle Fork RD: Road contruction on Rd 21 will cause delays
- FIRE CLOSURES: Cedar Creek, Beachie Creek & Lionshead, Holiday Farm, Potter, etc
- Forest Road 46 open for 11 miles; portion closed to vehicle traffic
- Pile Burning November-March 2023