Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

  • Concessionaire-managed sites charge $5 for day use (This includes Skull Hollow and Haystack Reservoir on the Grassland, and Walton Lake, Ochoco Divide, Ochoco Forest Camp and Wildcat on the Ochoco National Forest).
  • No day use fees are charged at Ochoco National Forest managed sites (This includes Wolf Creek Campground, Sugar Creek Campground, Deep Creek Campground, and Antelope Flat Reservoir).
  • Interagency Senior and Interagency Access passes provide a 50 percent discount on single overnight campsites (at both concessionaire and Forest Service operated sites). The discount does not apply to cabin rentals or group sites.

View a list of recreation sites in Oregon and Washington where day use fees may be charged.

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Question Mark with Question textWhat types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Ochoco National Forest & Crooked River National Grassland do not require the Northwest Forest Pass at any sites and Northwest Forest Passes are not valid at concessionaire managed sites.

Northwest Forest Passes (Oregon & Washington)

  • Day Pass

    [IMAGE: Day ePass and National Forest Recreation Day Pass]

    Day ePass and National Forest Day Pass ($5) - Day use pass honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required.

    Buy ePass - (Print at home. *Must be printed within 2 days of purchase.)  

  • Annual Pass

    [IMAGE: Annual Northwest Forest Pass.  Click for More Information on Annual Northwest Forest Pass]

    ($30) - Annual pass honored at all Forest Service operated recreation sites in Washington and Oregon where a day use fee is required.

Interagency Passes

Locations to Buy Passes from Local Vendors

Buy a Pass from a Local Vendor

Screenshot of a map of Oregon adn Washington with blue dots showing where vendors are lcoated.

If you'd prefer buying a recreation pass in person, we've got you covered! Here are over 100 locations in Oregon and Washington where you can pick up a pass.


Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.

Other Recreation Fees and Permits

Operating an Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) on public land requires an Oregon OHV permit. This is in addition to any forest passes or fees that may be required. Please contact your nearest Forest Service office for details on permits needed for operating an OHV on the Deschutes and Ochoco National Forests.

Oregon Sno-Park Permit - The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) requires a Sno-Park Permit to park at many snow parks from November 15th until April 30th.