Know Before You Go in Winter
Be sure to plan ahead and prepare for your trip to ensure the best possible time for you and others who will be sharing the snow with you.
Winter Travel Information
Visit TripCheck.com (Oregon Department of Transportation) for road conditions of highways in Oregon.
View snow levels across Oregon at Natural Resources Conservation Services Snotel.
- All sno-parks require a sno-park permit.
- Permits are sold at all Oregon DMV offices and by permit agents in resorts, sporting goods stores and other retail outlets.
- Funds from the permits go to the State of Oregon to pay for plowing the parking areas.
- Tripcheck.com has an interactive map with a regional list of Sno-Parks and the activities available at or near each Sno-Park.
Safety & Etiquette for Winter Recreation
- Current avalanche conditions from the Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center
- Winter Safety Tips
- Share the Snow
- Ways to "Leave No Trace" in the winter
- Canine courtesy in snow country
- Willamette Backcountry Ski Patrol
Maps & Brochures
For more information about winter recreation, please visit a ranger station.
|Oregon Sno-Park Permits Brochure||Listings and location maps of all Sno-Parks in Oregon||Free for download|
|Willamette Pass Winter Recreation Map||Detailed map of ski and snowmobile routes in the Willamette Pass area||$4.99 on Avenza Maps|
|Santiam Pass Winter Recreation Map||Detailed map of ski and snowmobile routes in the Santiam Pass area||$14.00 print or $4.99 on Avenza Maps|