Dolly Sods Wilderness
- Stay on designated trails. Do not create new trails.
- Camp at existing campsites. These usually have a fire ring and show bare ground around them.
- If you camp at a place without a fire ring DO NOT create one.Use a backpacker-type stove for your cooking needs and enjoy a night without a campfire.
- Wear proper footwear.
- Trails can be muddy and wet so be prepared to get your feet wet.
- Dress for the weather.
- Be prepared for sudden changes. Red Creek is prone to flash flood.
- During hunting seasons, hikers are encouraged to wear high visibility clothing.