During the week of Jan. 13, if your computer is powered on and connected to the Forest Service network, you will receive an important message about an upcoming critical cyber security update. Once you receive the notification, please read the communication and follow the provided instructions.
Note: If you are going to be working in the field, taking leave, training, or not using your computer during any part of next week, please continue reading this message.
What You Need To Do
- Keep your computer powered on and connected to the Forest Service network when possible.
- You can be connected by ethernet, wifi, or eVPN, but you must be connected to the Forest Service network to receive this critical update.
- If you are connected by eVPN, you must stay logged in to stay on the Forest Service network. You do not need to be logged in if your computer is connected by ethernet to the network.
- Remember to lock your computer if you walk away, especially at a hotel or public place.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
If you have questions, please contact the Customer Help Desk.
Help is Available
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with an agent or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the search box on the Customer Help Desk site to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email CIO News.
Visit the CIO News Archives for past emails.