The OneUSDA Email Transition team will begin transitioning Public Distribution List email addresses beginning August 1 in the next step of the OneUSDA email transition to @usda.gov.
PDLs currently have a primary @fs.fed.us email address associated with the PDL, but after the transition, the PDL will have an @usda.gov address as the primary address.
Important details about this transition include:
- No action is required by PDL owners, managers, or members. This transition will occur automatically.
- PDL display names are not changing, and PDL users will not experience a visible change with this transition. For example, the display name of “FS-pdl asc all” will remain in Outlook’s Global Address Book and will still be displayed as such to email receivers.
- Only the domain of the PDL’s associated email address is changing. The domain is the part of the email address that comes after the @. The domain will change from fs.fed.us to usda.gov. The part of the address before the @ will not change.
- The @fs.fed.us email address that is currently primary to all PDLs is not going away but will continue to operate after the transition as a secondary address associated with the PDL.
- This change will not affect PDL member lists. Individual email addresses of employees who are members of PDLs have already transitioned to @usda.gov. No action is required by PDL owners/managers regarding updating individual emails of PDL members.
- The transition is expected to complete by August 15. If you have saved or published hyperlinks of PDL names in documents or web content, consider updating those links after August 15 to ensure the PDL hyperlink is up to date with the new usda.gov address associated with the PDL.
What you need to do
Be aware of this upcoming transition, but no further action is required by PDL owners, managers, or members for this transition. All PDL users should consider updating saved or published hyperlinks to regularly-used PDLs after the transition completes.
Help is available
For additional information and resources,
For questions, concerns, or feedback about the OneUSDA unified email initiative, please email the team.
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a , or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the Search box on the to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email .
Visit the for past emails.