A System Notification Warning Utility was inadvertently deployed to FS computers the evening of Friday, August 23, 2019. The deployment was corrected midday Saturday, August 24, 2019. Some users may experience the following warning utility notification after logging on.
What you need to do
- If you receive the warning above, you will need to wait 60 seconds, and then you will be able to click Continue at the bottom of the warning to continue the log on.
- Once logged on, after seeing the warning, you may continue to use your computer as you normally would.
- The warning utility is being removed automatically. However, if the warning was displayed, restart the computer at your earliest convenience.
- If the warning is displayed again after a restart, wait an hour and try the restart again. The computer may not have received the removal deployment yet.
- Computers that were powered off or were not connected to the FS network over the weekend should not be affected.
- Computers that were powered on and on the FS network over the weekend, but left unattended, may not be affected.
Note: Computers that continue to display the warning at log on for several days after restarting may be older computers that have replacements or computers that are not validated. If this is the case, follow the instructions provided in the warning screen.
Help is available
For technical help call the Customer Help Desk at 1-866-945-1354 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339), start a chat with an agent, or type the full KBA number or “keywords” in double quotes into the Search box on the Customer Help Desk site to find helpful knowledge management documents.
The CIO is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in all of its activities, services, and programs for individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation in accessing and using the information contained in this email, please email CIO News.
Visit the CIO News Archives for past emails.