What You Need to Know
In support of the OneUSDA initiative, and in an effort to improve our onboarding experience, the Forest Service is currently in a pilot with the USA Staffing onboarding system. Earlier this year, we transitioned to the USA Staffing hiring system, and this additional feature for onboarding will provide a more efficient and user-friendly onboarding experience for new hires and hiring managers.
What to expect
Dec. 9, 2019: USA Staffing Onboarding pilot went live for the Southwestern Region, Alaska Region, Albuquerque Service Center and Pathways Program (students and recent graduates)
- Remaining units will gradually go live between March and May 2020
- Temporary and permanent fire hire should be implemented between June and August 2020
- Full system implementation for all Forest Service onboarding is anticipated by August 2020
- Your servicing Human Resources Officer will provide more information closer to your unit’s implementation date
Some of the USA Staffing Onboarding system benefits are:
- Onboarding new hires selected off a USA Staffing certificate or through noncompetitive processes
- Manages and completes post-selection activities, including onboarding forms
- Customizes onboarding tasks and workflows, such as personnel security, drug testing, elevated suitability
- User-friendly data collection using simple questionnaires that pre-populate onboarding forms for the new hire
- Includes standard government-wide forms and requested agency-specific forms
- Electronically transmit documents to the electronic Official Personnel File (eOPF)
What You Need to Do
Hiring managers are encouraged to review the attached USA Staffing Onboarding Buddy Guide to become familiar with the activities the hiring manager will perform on the reporting date of the new hire.
Help Is Available
Contact your Human Resources Service Team or open an HR Help case:
- Call: 1-877-372-7248, Press 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Service: ConnectHR > HR Help link
For detailed instructions, visit the HR Help How-to Add a Case Guide.