What You Need to Know
The Forest Service is hiring student interns and recent graduates through the Pathways Program as part of the 2019 Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences Conference. March 28 is the deadline to request positions for this hiring event.
- Job vacancy announcements will be open April 3-10
- Merit promotion vacancy announcements will be open April 3-16
- Applications will be accepted through USAJOBS.gov
- MANRRS is April 3-6 in Overland Park, KS and the Forest Service will have a recruitment presence at the conference.
Available Student Positions (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Biological Sciences Student Trainee: GS-0499-02/03/04/05
- Business and Industry Student Trainee: GS-1199-02/03/04/05
Available Recent Graduate Positions
Agency-wide merit promotion vacancy announcements will also be advertised for the following positions:
- Administrative Assistant: GS-0303-05 with promotion potential to GS-07
- Biological Science Technician (Natural Resources): GS-0404-04/05 with promotion potential to GS-07
- Budget Analyst: GS-0560-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Natural Resources Specialist: GS-0401-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Natural Resources Specialist: GS-0401-09 with promotion potential to GS-11
- Realty Specialist: GS-1170-05/07 with promotion potential to GS-09
- Resource Assistant: GS-1101-05 with promotion potential to GS-07
- Visitor Center Assistant: GS-1001-04 with promotion potential to GS-05
What You Need to Do
By March 28, submit requests for positions using the Hiring and Workforce Planning Tool (via ConnectHR). For access questions, contact your Human Resources Officer. When submitting the request, select “Pathways” as the appointment type, and limit to series and grade range listed above. Visit the National Collective Recruitment and Hiring webpage for position description numbers and additional information.
Help is Available
Questions can be directed to Doug Crosbie at email@example.com. Open an HR Help case:
- Call: 1-877-372-7248, Press 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Service: ConnectHR > HR Help link
For detailed instructions, visit the HR Help How-to Add a Case Guide.
We want your feedback! HRM values your feedback. Please complete this short survey to help us improve HRM messages to better meet your needs and interests.