What You Need to Know
The Forest Service is hiring engineering student trainees through the Pathways Program. In support, the Forest Service is recruiting at the annual Women of Color in Stem and American Indian Science and Engineering Society conferences in October.
The deadline to request positions for this hiring event is Oct. 7.
- Merit job announcements are open Nov. 8-21
- Student intern and recent graduate job announcements are open Nov. 12-21
- Applications are accepted through USAJOBS.gov
Student Intern Positions (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Engineering Student Trainee - GS-0899-03/04/05 (GS-03/04 for current undergraduate or GS-05 for graduate students)
Recent Graduate Positions
Agency-wide merit promotion announcements will also be advertised for the following positions:
- Engineering Technician - GS-0802-04/05
- Landscape Architect – GS-0807-05/07
- Civil Engineer - GS-0810-05/07
- Environmental Engineer - GS-0819-05/07
- Mechanical Engineer - GS-0830-05/07
- Land Surveyor - GS-1373-05/07
- Dispatcher (Hazard) - GS-2151-04/05
- Geographic Information Systems Specialist - GS-0101/0401/1301-07
What You Need to Do
Select “Pathways” as the announcement type, and limit to series and grade range listed above.
Visit the National Collective Recruitment and Hiring webpage for position description numbers and additional information.
Help Is Available
If you have questions about the hiring event, please contact Lena Duke at email@example.com.