What You Need to Know
Income Tax Withholdings
- Federal income tax withholding amounts for the 2020 tax year are changing. Employees may see changes to the amount of taxes withheld starting in pay period 26, 2019, which is the beginning of the new tax year.
- Employees should review and verify their withholdings on their earnings and leave statement via the Employee Personal Page.
Form W-4 Update
Employees do not need to complete the new W-4 form unless they would like to make changes to your tax withholdings.
- The Internal Revenue Service is changing the 2020 W-4, Employees Withholdings Certificate, form.
- The new W-4 form is expected to be available in EPP on Monday, Dec. 30.
- Employees who recently submitted a change to their tax withholdings for the 2020 tax year will need to resubmit these changes using the new W-4 form.
Important note: HRM is not able to provide tax advice to employees. Please consult a tax professional or the IRS if you have questions on how to complete the new W-4 form or to inquire which tax withholding options are best for you.
For information on the new withholding amounts, tax withholding estimator and forms, please visit the IRS website.
Help Is Available
Open an HR Help case:
- Call: 1-877-372-7248, Press 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Service: ConnectHR > HR Help link
For detailed instructions, visit the HR Help How-to Add a Case Guide.