Land & Resources Management

Research Permits on the Superior National Forest and in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness

  • All research needs a BWCAW or non-wilderness research permit. Research in the BWCAW still requires an entry point permit reservation at
  • Existing researchers must reapply on an annual basis.
  • Please allow approximately one month for your permit application to be processed.
  • To start the application process, please download, complete and sign the appropriate permit below and submit to:


Minnesota Research Reader

Minnesota Research Reader logo

Highlights research topics and studies relevant to science and resource management in the State

Research on the Superior National Forest

Here are some research projects occurring on the Superior National Forest.