Event/Commercial Permits

If you are interested in holding a special event or conducting business on National Forest System lands, you will need a Special Use Permit. Please email our Special Use Permit Coordinator for more information at chamiya.bruner@usda.gov.

Common types of permit requests:

  • Weddings and other Noncommercial Group Uses
  • Commercial Photography and Filming
  • Recreation Events

Commercial Recreation Activities Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) will help you determine whether your proposal would be considered for an event or commercial permit.

“Noncommercial” is any use or activity where an entry or participation fee is not charged, and the primary purpose is not the sale of a goods or service. Review the noncommercial group uses FAQ’s.

How to obtain a special use permit