Passes & Permits

Passes and permits fall into four major categories:

  • Recreational - Access to recreation areas and certain trails.
  • Forest Products - Such as Christmas trees, deer moss, and crooked wood
  • Events - Holding a large special event in a National Forest, such as a ribbon-cutting or camping jamboree.
  • Commercial - Uses such as filming a television commercial using one of lakes as a backdrop.

In addition, certain other uses, such as easements and residences, require special permits.

Recreation Program Fee Accomplishment Report 2015