Passes & Permits

  • Recreation Passes

    group of people hiking

    Interagency recreation passes include the Annual Pass, Every Kid Outdoors 4th grade program, Interagency Military Passes, Senior Passes for persons over 62, and Access Passes for persons with permanent disabilities.

  • Product Permits

    rustic firewood logs

    Special forest products include items such as firewood, mushroom, beargrass leaves, fern greens, pinecones, evergreen boughs and huckleberries.

  • Commercial

    person taking a picture with a zoom lens

    Special events or commercial use of public lands require a permit. This includes commercial activities such as filming or guiding, and non-commercial uses such as organized events or gatherings, and recreation residences.

  • Research, Collection, and Other Permits

    Canyon treefrog (Hyla arenicolor)

    We consider research one of the many allowed uses of public land. Some research and collection will require a permit.