Welcome to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
The Columbia River gorge is a spectacular river canyon, 80 miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep, that meanders past cliffs, spires, and ridges set against nearby peaks of the PNW’s Cascade Mountain Range.
Reservations are required daily May 24 - September 5 , 2022
Required weekends & Memorial Day April 23 - June 12, 2022
Discover a plethora of recreational activities throughout the Scenic Area.
Alerts & Warnings
- Waterfall Corridor Timed Use Permits begin May 24
- Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- Firewood available again
- Spring weekend hiking permits for Dog Mountain
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions