Event/Commercial Permits

If you are interested in holding a special event or conducting business on National Forest System lands, you will need a special use permit. A few key facts to note before you start planning:

  • The Forest Service will not issue vendor or peddler permits (e.g., food trucks, concession stands, or musical performance) for National Forest System land in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.  
  • Thinking about planning an event at one of our most popular sites? Check out our photos and information for popular sites before you contact us. 

Permit Categories:

Vista House overlooking the Columbia River Gorge

Weddings and other Noncommercial Group Uses - Permits are required for noncommerical activities involving:
over 75 people or placement of infrastructure to support the event.

Crew filming a commercial on the Eagle Creek Trail.  Filming is only allowed M-R in peak season.

Commercial Photography and Filming - Like other commercial uses of National Forest lands and resources, commercial filming requires a special use permit.

Fisherman casting a line in the river

Outfitting & Guiding Services - Find a guide or find out how to apply to be an outfitter or guide.

People running on a rocky forest trail

Recreation Events - A recreation event permit is required for any event where an entry or participation fee is charged, or where paid membership in a group or organization is a prerequisite for participation.