Event/Commercial Permits

Special Use Permit

Recreation Event Permits

Recreation events on the National Forest require a temporary special use permit for almost any kind of outdoor activity where participants exchange money or pay a fee for the opportunity to be involved in the event.

Examples of recreation event activities include: Snowmobile events and races; running/skiing endurance races; bike races; private club outings; archery competitions; commercial sports equipment try-outs; etc.

Please contact your nearest ranger district office to find out how to apply for a recreation event permit.