Event/Commercial Permits

Please contact one of the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest Offices for information on Special Event or Commercial Permits.

Office contact information

Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center Facility Rentals

The Interpretive Center is available for your activities.... Weddings, Catered Dinners, Social Events, or Meetings. Contact the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center for more information on cost and availability.

4201 Giant Springs Road
Great Falls, MT 59405
Phone: (406) 727-8733

Temporary Outfitter and Guide Special Use Permits

The national forests which manage the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex (BMWC) have an application process for temporary outfitter and guide special use permits.  Temporary permits are authorizations for commercial use or activity that allows specified, short-term, non-recurring, non-renewable recreational use of National Forest System (NFS) lands.  Applications for temp use permits are accepted at relevant ranger districts for Guided Backpacking and Day Use Hiking only (no other types of use), with specific limits on service days from the dedicated Temp Use pool. All applications are subject to the standard special uses screening process; see criteria, FSH2709.11.2.  Only 1 permit will be issued per holder for use within the BMWC within any 3 year period regardless of the district from which they obtain a permit. Temp Use pool days will be distributed to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Once all of the Temporary use pool days available in a Resource Area have been authorized for use, no further proposals will be accepted for that season of use.  Two applications periods are established for use to occur as indicated below.  Applications received not within these established timeframes will not be accepted.

  • January 1 – March 30 for activities proposed to take place from May 1 – October 31
  • July 1 – September 30 for activities proposed to take place from November 1 – April 30