Forest Products Permits

Personal Woodcutting Permits

Permits can be purchased that allow you to cut firewood on the Lassen National Forest. Permits are for noncommercial, personal use only. Cost of firewood permits are $10.00 per cord. Visit the Personal Use Firewood Permit page for more information.

Christmas Tree Cutting Permit

Christmas Tree Permits are available starting November 1 and will be sold through December 21, 2018. Each permit allows for the harvesting of one Christmas tree from Lassen National Forest lands. Permits sell for $10.00 each, and the maximum allowed per household is two permits. Visit the Christmas Tree Cutting Permit page for more information.

California Campfire Permit

Campfire permits are required outside of developed campgrounds on all California National Forest System Lands. Permits are free, and can be obtained at any Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, or California Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection Office. Visit the California Campfire Permit page for more information.

Special Use Permits

Special Uses provides services supporting our national policy and federal land laws by authorizing uses on National Forest System land. Visit the Special Use Permit page for more information.

Special Forest Product Permits

Collecting any thing on National Forest Lands for commercial use requires a Special Forest Product Permit. Commonly requested permits are for mushrooms (see also Mushroom Picking Tips), manzanita burls, post, poles and rails. Visit the Special Forest Product Permit page for more information.