Event/Commercial Permits

For information on current outfitter/guides and other commercial recreation permittees on the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests and Thunder Basin National Grassland, click here.


If you are interested in obtaining a special use permit for an event or commercial purpose, please contact the local district in which the event or business would occur.


Deadline dates for special use applications

  • Deadlines for submitting proposals for temporary outfitter and guide and recreation event requests are as follows:
  • March 15 for proposed activities from May 1 - Oct. 31
  • Sept. 15 for proposed activities from Nov. 1 - April 30


For information on the permit program on the Hahns Peak/Bears Ears Ranger District, go here.


For more general information on event and commercial activities on National Forest System Lands, see the Commercial Recreation Activities page on our national website.


For business contracts, call our contracting office at 307-745-2300 and register at www.ccr.gov.


For road use or other local permits contact your local district office.