Other Permits

For non-commercial group use and gatherings, such as weddings and family reunions, please contact the local district where the event will occur.  For more general information, see the Non-commercial Group Use page on our National website.

State Registrations

Many activities on the forests and grassland require permits from the states. Hunting, Fishing, OHV and Snowmobiling, and Boating all require some registration, license, or inspection. Please use the information below to make sure that you are recreating responsibly and all documenation is up to date for your activity.

Hunting Maps, Season, and License Information

Fishing Licenses

Boating Licenses and Invasive Species Inspections

OHV Registration

Snowmobile Registration


Plant a Tree Program

[graphic] tree seedling

This program allows for individuals, groups and businesses to have trees planted on national forests to help to improve the environment, memorialize loved ones or commemorate special events and occasions.