Forest Products Permits

Firewood & and Other Products

Firewood and Other products are not Special Use Permits and are covered under different authorities. Collecting firewood or other products for personal use is available on many National Forests and BLM Units. These activities may require a permit. Contact your local National Forests in Missisippi Ranger District office first to see if they offer permits. Remember, all commercial uses or removal of products on public lands require a permit.

Looking for information on Fuel wood, mushrooms, or other forest products for personal use? Information on the availability, price and application process must be obtained from the National Forests in Mississippi Ranger District office which you desire to obtain the product.