Event/Commercial Permits

National forest lands are managed for multiple uses with the ultimate goal being restoration of forest health while meeting public demand for clean air and water, livestock grazing, protection of wildlife habitat, fuel wood and other timber products, and recreational use.  Special uses are uses of forest lands that don't fit neatly into the aforementioned categories. Special Use Permits are required for activities including: special recreation events, communications towers and power lines, easements for public roads and highways, and commercial uses of your public lands.


More information about special events and commercial permits can be found on the USDA Forest Service Washington Office Contracts & Commercial Permits web page.